Monday, December 20, 2010

%$&#$&% Rain!

Never thought I would say that there's any such thing as too much rain.

It is 1:30am, I've been woken up at 1:10am by the rain pounding on the roof and garden. And the sound of water pouring. There was a weird ba-doing noise that I hoped wasn't the fence falling over (the fence is in a parlous state).

No, the ba-doing noise was the metal strap that holds the gutter extension in place, the extension that directs the jet of water from the down pipe into the water tank. It now directs the water down the SIDE of the tank.

Sigh.

OK the tank is full but at least the overflow directs the water into the storm water drain rather than under the house.

I know I should do something about it but it is 9C out, DARK and pouring rain. And I doubt I can reach it and I don't have a torch to light the way to it anyway.

Heh. If I can't sleep, I'll get some pics of home improvements up....

No comments: